Friday, June 11, 2010

Our Little Tadpole

We decided to put our little girl in swim lessons at the local aquatic center here in Havasu. She started this week and swam Mon-Thurs from 5:15 to 5:45. She is in the Tadpole/Frog class. There is a 6 month old baby in her class and all the rest are 1-3 years old. Leila has always loved the water. She loves to splash, kick laugh, and yell. We love it as parents because once she is done, she takes great naps and sleeps well at night. Although she is only 9 months, I think it's important to start early. We live around pools, and the lake and I really want her learn to go under the water, kick, and float so that she isn't afraid and learns water safety. The lesson have gone very well and we are proud of her progress. She had a great first day, fussed the second day and had an impressive 3rd day where she swam under the water a few times, kicked a lot and floated with the instructor holding her head with one finger. She didn't cry at all, and left there smiling and laughing as if she was proud of herself. I'm glad we have stuck with it. It would have been easy to give up after her rough 2nd day of crying, but she has made progress and as parents we are very proud. Hopefully week two goes just as well!

 
Posted by Picasa

Next week I hope to get some action shots of her in the water.

2 comments:

Michelle MGD said...

Leila's bathing suit is so adorable! I'm glad you guys are getting her into swim classes. It is SO important to know how to swim!!

Your bathing suit is cute too. Where is it from? You look hot!

Lisa said...

Yeah the little babies actually are doing better than the younger kids. They aren't as scared and don't hold onto the edge and scream. She has always been a kicker so she carries that into the water. The teacher was impressed. I wanted to say, well she kicks the carpet, toys, her crib....anything she can, so water is no different. I think someday she will be on a swim team. She loves it and so do we.

Haha, thanks. It's from Target last year. It was my pregnancy suit. :)