I have always been very book smart but sometimes I lack common sense. I want to believe I have gotten better over the years until something brings me back to the realization that things have never realy changed. When I was younger, my lack of common sense led my family to many years of teasing. If anyone would make a dumb comment, you had pulled "a Lisa." For example, when I was in college, I asked the lady in the cafeteria line for a GIRL cheese sandwich. She said, as opposed to the BOY cheese we have in the back? Who knew it was GRILL cheese? I had learned something new! I used to wonder why the planes didn't hit the stars not realizing how much distance was between the two. While typing on the computer to my sister a while back, I wrote, " well you minus well just call me later." She wrote back, "yeah I might as well".....Oops! Who knew it was might as well. When you say minus well fast, it sounded good enough to me. Once again I keep learning new things! That brings me to current day. Yesterday I was talking to someone at work and said in a sentence, well "Long behold, there it is...." I was corrected: It's lo and behold! I even had to google it because I was so sure for once I was right. Once again, I pulled a Lisa. I don't think things will ever change. I can deliver a baby, but don't ask me anything about grammer, spelling, or geography. What the heck is the loch ness monster anyway??? I think I'll have to pass on that one.
My Weight Watchers Journey
9 years ago
4 comments:
You are too funny. It is your own special brand of the English Language.
Hmmmm girl cheese sandwich. That sounds really, really good right now. Those testy cafeteria ladies had no sense of humor!!!
lmao! remember when we played cranium and you didn't know who bono was or what grunge was? (we actually brought this up tonight). i suppose that is more pop culture than common sense, but still funny. always good for a laugh.
omg - mary pulled a lisa the other day - we were on the couch eating dehydrated peaches or something like that and the back of the package said - "Product of Turkey." Mary responded with, " how can this be a product of turkey..."
So funny -
Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh. When I read the topic heading on this one I was trying to remember the different things that were referred to as "pulling a Lisa". The grilled cheese one I will never forget.
Post a Comment