Friday, January 9, 2009

Agamemnon Theophilus Gumpakis

So Adam and I have been talking more and more about starting a family. Some months he's more excited about having a baby than I am, and then some months I get the itch to be a mom. I have always thought if it happened great, but I wasn't going to get all into checking my temperature , or examining the consistency of any vaginal mucus to determine when I am ovulating. That would require too much planning! At this point we haven't been preventing anything, so we hope to enjoy the spontaneity of the whole process. We have never been completely on the same page, until this month. As we talked last night about having a baby the topic of names came up in conversation. I know we have plenty of time to decide on names, as I am not even pregnant yet, but I have always been concerned with what names my husband would agree upon. I married a Greek. They are very proud of their heritage. I don't mind compromising and naming a baby a NORMAL Greek name because there are few out there, but upon examining my options further, my choices are limited. How about Agamemnon Theophilus Gumpakis (Pakes, as his last name was shortened thank goodness) and for a girl she'd be named Eleftheria Zena Gumpakis. I can't even pronounce half of these names, let alone expect my child to learn to spell their name. I have found a couple normal names, but my choices are limited. Let the fun of baby making begin!

3 comments:

Mary J. said...

vaginal mucus! you are sooo good at this blogging thing! I love reading your stories at work. I can just imagine Adam saying all of the things you write. Love it!

love stef

p.s. I left a comment back at the "Pulled a Lisa" must read!

Lisa said...

HAHA, gotta love Mary! She cracks me up. Tell her she needs to update her blog! I always love seeing pics of your lives. Miss you guys!

Alison Parker said...

LOL! You crack me up. I like Agamemnon. You could call him Aggie for short. Maybe you could even get super creative with the spelling - Aggamemnoyn. Or maybe Plato (after the philosopher)? But spell it Play-dough? Zena's good - like the warrior princess. Or was that Xena? Get off the computer and go make me a niece or nephew! STAT!