Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weekly update!

I'm 9 weeks today! I still don't feel pregnant but I know that will come soon enough. So far things are going well. I did come down with a nasty cold this week and have been fighting that off with a lot of sleep, Popsicles, sprite, and chicken noodle soup. I have been very fortunate to stay healthy this past year so I can't really complain. The little bug in me is sucking the immunity from me! I still love it.

At work Tuesday we got out our little doppler machine, I laid flat, and the girls were so excited to hear the fluttering bug. Their faces were so cute as they all crowded around the speaker of the doppler and heard the heartbeat. Pretty soon as I get closer to delivery I can bet I will have them checking for dilation...haha, maybe not! That might be weird! The perks of working labor and delivery.

I have been working a lot, and we've been busy on the unit. Over the last couple months of being pregnant things bother me more at work then they used to, and I am going to vent for a minute in regards to an incident that occurred this week. I know it is the environment that I live in, and maybe if I was working back in orange county I would never encounter this type of frustration. I want to protect my growing bug more than anything in this world. I don't know why some idiots don't have the same common sense to give their baby a chance to be normal. I am talking about mom's who do methamphetamines and get no parental care. Shocker? No, not out here. That's become more of the norm. I get SO frustrated. I want to yell and scream at them, but I know it would do no good. I want to go as far as to cut out their ovaries! When confronted they have every excuse possible as to why they didn't get prenatal care, and when asked about the drugs, they claim to be innocent. Do they think we are stupid? I want to know how people who have no money for food, find money for drugs? I get nervous about taking Tylenol or medication for a stuffed up nose. Will what I put in my body affect the baby? Do these women who claim to be mothers have no conscience about their innocent child inside, who once born is withdrawing from the drugs their mother gave them for 9 months? The child has no choice. They eat what they are given, they smoke the meth too! In the end, we have to watch the baby shake, shiver, and cry uncontrollably as they come down from being high. I sometimes wish there was more I could do. Sometimes I just want to take these babies home, away from the idiot that gave birth that I won't even call a mother! Some mothers lose babies, can't have babies and then you have these selfish losers procreating more children who will rarely break the cycle. What is even more frustrating is that the CPS system here in AZ seems to think that by placing the child with a "family member," they are keeping families together. I'm sorry sometimes they should not be together because the drugs aren't going to stop, and that child will still be around it all.

Okay okay, enough of me venting. It's probably raising my blood pressure a bit. I just wish these people would not be so selfish for just one more hit, or fix. Let it go! Addictions suck but a drug baby sucks even more. One of the many things we deal with working out here. Boy have I learned a lot as compared to my happy, sheltered Hoag home!

1 comments:

Mary J. said...

I am mad too and I don't even see what you do every day. You are truly concerned, that will make you that much better of a mom! Taking care of yourself means you are already taking care of the baby - good job! By the way, try using NeilMed, it is a nose wash that I used when I got sick and was preg (because I was stubborn and wouldn't take any medications at all). It is a life saver, gross, but a life saver. Love, Mary