Today I am 8 weeks. So far I'm feeling good. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this week the morning sickness doesn't kick in. Once I get past the first trimester I am supposed to be safe so I really only have 5 more weeks left. For the first time in my life I keep looking for my belly to grow. I want to get fat so I feel more pregnant. I'm sure once I can barely bend over I'll wonder why I wanted to show so bad. I guess it will make it more real. It's weird to think something is beating inside me rapidly and I don't feel it. I can't wait for it to kick.
I don't think we are going to find out what we are having. If we find out at the 4th month or the 9th month there isn't a huge difference because we will find out eventually. When I help deliver patients I love the moment the baby comes out, the doctor holds up the baby and says.....It's a girl or boy. We may change our mind, but if it's about being able to decorate a room or buy clothes we can accessorize after the baby is born. I like the idea of not knowing and being surprised.
I turned over a new leaf this week. I took out my belly ring. I have had it since I was in college so it has been a part of me for most of my adult life. I was telling my mom that I took it out, and that I was going to be sad to see it close up and she said, "well you are an adult now, and I'm sure after your belly stretches you aren't going to want to put it back in. How many moms do you see with belly rings." She's probably right. My belly button looks naked, but I'll adjust. The other day I had a patient with piercings still in her belly, her nipples, and her lower region. I understand belly rings, nipple rings would just be annoying, but a piercing down there when you are expected to push out a baby???? The thought of that tearing just gives me the willies. I think I've seen it all out here!
Expect pictures of the growing belly in the coming weeks!
My Weight Watchers Journey
9 years ago
2 comments:
Lisa...I don't even know what to say to that post. You crack me up! Agreed on not finding out what it is. It's the best surprise in the world!
I'm on board for a surprise birth. I think it would be kinda neat and you're right it's not about the clothes or the nursery.
Can't wait for the belly photos!!!
Post a Comment